Otter Co-op is now hiring Full-Time Accountant for our Administrative Office located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Period end procedures: inventory and margin calculations, period end accruals, journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliations (banks, prepaids, receivables).
- Monthly tax reporting; respond to tax audits.
- Year end audit participation; working papers, reconciliations.
- Fixed asset/deprecation/disposal calculations and reporting.
- Internal audits: physical audits, reviews for compliance with company policies.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements.
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Finance and:
- 3-5 years previous accounting experience.
- University Degree or 2-year college diploma with an accounting major.
- Accounting Designation or enrolled in an Accounting Designation program.
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications, including MS Office Suite and advanced knowledge of Excel (VLookup, Sumif, left-mid-right; formatting; creating charts; pivot tables).
- Understanding of Federal and Provincial tax application in a retail & petroleum sales environment is an asset.
- Must work within strict confidentially guidelines.
- Ability to deal with a diverse and fast paced work schedule and to work with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here