Otter Co-op is now hiring an Information Services Technician at our Administration Office in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about we are are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you'll do:
The Information Services Technician is responsible for general technical support of PC's Network, Printers, Phones etc. This includes general user support and troubleshooting of issues relating to hardware, operating systems and business applications. Reporting to the Chief Financial Offer, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide technical support for our team members via phone, email, remote login and/or on-site
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and solve hardware/software issues including:
- Software (MS Office 365, Microsoft Windows 7.10, Email, SharePoint, Google Chrome, etc.)
- Ensure all software/tools are functioning properly (Projectors, TV’s, Handheld Scanners, Phones, Multifunction printers)
- Review spam aggregate reports, outages, incidents and accounts – upgrade security standards for software
- Monitor server status for multiple sites and schedule security updates, accounts and maintenance
- Install cable runs, terminate panels and service data racks (Network Connectivity/Internet)
- Setup corporate domains and implement spf, dmarc, dns, and security protection – addition of cyber security policies for emails and domains for all users
- Prepare, configure, implement and set up new computers and hardware requests
- Project management, including tracking costs and coordinating with outside services to ensure that projects run smoothly and are completed on time
- Obtain and review quotes for equipment purchases, ensuring that specs will fit business needs
- Provide user training to team members and write tutorial documents
- Document changes to networks and active directory
- Maintain user accounts on Active Directory including basic administration on File, Print and Applications Servers as designated (Check daily backup schedules and verify backup completions)
- Install and configure basic desktop applications, desktop images and provides application support
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Information Technology and:
- Post-secondary education in IT or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Sound interpersonal skills with customer oriented, positive “can do” attitude
- Familiar with industry best practices, as well as routing and switching protocols
- Able to debug connectivity issues and install new devices
- Windows server 2003 and Office 365 user administration
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Scripting VBA, Python, Bash for automating repetitive tasks and data processing is an asset
- Basic SQL commands and data visualization is an asset
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
- Valid BC Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract for travel to locations in Lower Mainland and BC Interior
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $270,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we're working to a create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide and environment that allows us to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Apply online through this link: https://ottercoop.applytojob.com/apply/bXyhmxAQfU/Information-Services-Technician-Langley?source=Website