Otter Co-op is now hiring Part-Time & Full-Time Guest Service Associates for our Food Store locations in Abbotsford and Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you'll do:
The specific responsibilities of the Guest Services Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent service to guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Process orders in an efficient and accurate manner
- Balance cash tills accurately on a daily basis
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Operations and:
- Previous experience as a Cashier an asset
- Lotto and/or Food Safe certification an asset
- Must have solid understanding of basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for every guest (both internal and external)
- Above average communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Proven track record as a self-starter, dedicated and reliable
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be committed to a SAFE work environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available 7 days a week to work between early mornings, afternoons, and/or late evenings
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To view all Guest Service openings, click here