Otter Co-op is now hiring a Full-Time Liquor Store Assistant Manager at various Angry Otter Liquor locations.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
The Assistant Manager supports the Store Manager in directing the day-to-day store operations by providing quality products and services to our store. As a leader of people, you will bring a positive approach; show initiative and drive results. The ideal candidate will be someone who can build and maintain relationships with both guests and team members, complimented by their skill set that includes organization, attention to detail, conflict resolution, critical thinking and strong office administration skills.
- Assist with overseeing of the daily operations and management of the liquor store in accordance with company policies, procedures, and overall expectations
- Provide direction and leadership to continue to build an outgoing, positive, and highly motivated team
- Receive product orders, keep the warehouse clean and organized, and ensure that stock is rotated appropriately
- Following up and meeting with suppliers to support the Store Manager
- Create and entre weekly department schedules to maintain store staffing levels that will meet the needs of our customers, while operating within budgeted wage costs
- Daily review and approval of payroll timecards in Kronos
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, retention, training, development and performance management
- Participate in periodic inventory, including physical counts, data entry and review reports for discrepancies
- Ensure the store's merchandising standards are being managed and maintained and all programs are being implemented, measured, and managed
- Ensure the store's housekeeping, sanitation and maintenance schedules/standards are managed and being maintained
- Handle guest inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Provide leadership in the areas of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) and ensure policies are being followed
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Customer Service Management and:
- 3 + years' experience in Retail Guest Service
- Previous experience in leading and managing people in a busy retail environment a strong asset
- WSET 1 or 2 designation an asset
- Solid basic math skills and ability to read / understand financial reports
- Strong passion for the Liquor Industry and providing an exceptional shopping experience for Guests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to manage computer files efficiently
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and communications skills, motivation, and ability to work in a busy environment
- Effective planning, organization, and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain relationships outside of the organization that support the organization
- Enjoy working with the public
- Must be available 7 days a week to work between early mornings, afternoons, and late evenings
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To view all postings, click here