Otter Co-op is hiring a Full Time Produce Associate to join our team at our Mt. Lehman Food Store, in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Efficiently stock, rotate and display produce in a neat and appealing manner - including watering, trimming and merchandising to ensure quality and freshness
- Maintain superior housekeeping at all times - cleaning racks, tables, back room and cooler
- Assist with receiving, ordering and processing claims or credits
- Ensure guests are always treated with the utmost courtesy by handling inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt, polite and effective manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- Previous Produce experience is an asset, but not required
- Must have basic computer skills and enjoy working with the public
- Excellent communication, people and customer service skills
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy work environment is required
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs regularly
- Willingness and availability to work a variety of shifts, including: Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings & Weekends
Our Team Members receive competitive wages, team discount cards, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer matched pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.