Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for Full-Time Marketing Associate at our Administration Office located in Aldergrove, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
Reporting to the Marketing Specialist, the responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Help to create and execute digital marketing campaigns, such as promotional emails, advertising copy, broadcast speaking points, landing pages and account-based marketing with conversion and lead generation top of mind, in partnership with marketing team.
- Design digital and traditional media campaigns aligned with business goals to grow B2C (Business to Consumer) and B2B (Business to Business) engagement.
- Copywriting on internal and external communications relating to marketing, including newsletters, memos, email marketing content, social media content, website articles and team member training materials
- A hands-on role in the curation of content through visiting our locations, interviewing our team to communication our story and capture product and team member photography.
- The creation and design of content through Adobe Creative Suite and other tools for the purpose of marketing and promoting our brand.
- Supporting the Marketing Specialist in ensuring that the Otter Co-op brand is present and relevant in all marketing materials presented to our guests and team members.
- Being a brand advocate in highlighting our guiding values of Integrity, Community and Excellence to our team members and leaders
- Coordinate the creation of digital content (e.g. website, blogs and press releases)
- Stay up-to-date with digital media developments
- Create magnetic headlines and engaging content that build trust in our company, our brands and its products
- Collaborate on content marketing strategy and content creation
- Create content to drive traffic, increase engagement, generate leads, that deliver sales and improve customer retention
- Use strong writing and grammar skills to create high quality, consistent content, managing multiple content themes and channels at any given time, ensuring a dominating online presence
- Act reactively, imaginatively, resourcefully and authentically to meet (sometimes competing) deadlines
- Identify new venues for us to explore where content can be the key drier of success
- Work with the team to produce print assets (brochures, handouts, banners, promotional material) for use at conferences, tradeshows, and consumer events
- Participate and attend special events as required
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of one year of post-secondary education completed in a marketing, or communications field or equivalent relevant education
- Strong written communication skills and an excellent creative eye
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is required
- Experience with Social media channels, particularly Facebook and Instagram, is required. A working knowledge of Hootsuite would be an asset
- Experience with Photography and Video Editing is an asset
- A proven ability to meet deadlines
- A valid BC Divers Licence (to visit our local locations and curate content)
- An ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently in person and through your writing
- Excellent understanding of contemporary digital marketing principles, strategies and best practices
- Comfortable designing in both digital and print
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong initiative and independence
- Ability to work within a team and take directions from the Marketing Specialist
- Have a “Make it Happen” attitude and great sense of humor
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply, click here