Otter Co-op is now hiring a Part-Time Pharmacist at our Retail Centre located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you'll do:
The Pharmacist's main responsibility is to maintain the highest professional level of customer service standards, through consistent and thorough patient care. This entails developing and maintaining an atmosphere of customer service friendliness that will foster clientele building and sustained profitable growth for the unit. The Pharmacist is also responsible for the accuracy, efficiency and integrity towards company policies and legislative regulations in the pharmacy unit.
The specific responsibilities of the Pharmacist include but are not limited to the following:
- To provide fast, friendly, convenient, and professional service in the pharmacy dispensary and OTC sales area
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and other team members in supporting customer service objectives and positive employee relations
- Demonstrate warmth, empathy, and compassion towards the guest
- Focus on Clinical Services (i.e. disease state management, medication reviews and health risk assessments)
- Prescription safety prioritizing technical functions to Pharmacy Assistants when available
- Initiate care plans, follow up and document
- Collect relevant patient, drug and disease information
- Identification of actual and potential drug related problems
- Monitor medication adherence
- Provide patient counseling for new therapy and determine patients understanding as to why they are taking medication
- Ensure compliance to all company standards and procedures
- Proactive support and execution of the stores loss prevention program as it applies directly to the pharmacy unit
- Responsible for supporting management in the control of inventory levels
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health & Safety Program, as well as the requirements set out by Provincial regulations
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Pharmaceuticals:
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution
- Must be a Licensed Pharmacist in Canada
- Must have Injection Certification
- Minimum 2 years in a Canadian Retail Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 year Kroll computer software system experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and the ability to manage computer files and systems efficiently
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and communications skills
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy environment
- Effective planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain relationships outside of the organization that support the organization
- Must be available 7 days a week to work between early mornings, afternoons and late evenings.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year Otter Co-op donated over $407,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click her