Otter Co-op is now hiring a Full-Time Feed Truck Driver for our Feed Mill located in Aldergrove, BC.
Are you looking for a Local Commercial Driving job where you get to be home almost every night? We have steady full time work that is available year round!
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Hauling and delivering bulk animal feed to customer locations within BC
- Complete all pre and post trip inspections daily, communicating when any repairs are required
- Confirm the nature of each delivery and any special considerations prior to leaving
- Maintain positive working relationships and communicate regularly with Dispatch/Office Staff
- Ensure all commercial driving regulations and safety protocols are followed
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and safety
- Contribute to the team in living the corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Feed Manufacturing Operations and:
- 3+ years verifiable commercial driving experience preferred
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License with air brakes endorsement required
- Training at an approved driver training school is preferred
- Must have a clean driver’s abstract (to be updated annually)
- General understanding of agriculture business and/or farming background an asset
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation and ability to work under pressure and in a busy work environment is required
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Schedules will vary with shifts from Monday to Saturday, but must be flexible to work shifts between 6:00am to 6:00pm as needed
- This position is based at the Feed Mill in Aldergrove, though it may require on some occasions to travel and work from other locations as business needs arise
This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. All successful candidates will also be required to undergo a background check.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here