Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Health & Safety Coordinator for our Langley Retail Centre located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at
What you'll do:
- Support the management team in ensuring a safe work environment and compliance with all federal and provincial
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
- Actively lead and participate in monthly JHSC meetings.
- Conduct audits to inspect, assess and control hazards in the workplace to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Communicate audit findings with management team to ensure hazards are mitigated in a timely manner.
- Communicate incidents, injuries, and safety concerns to management as required.
- Investigate incidences, perform root cause analysis, recommend, and aid in the implementation of corrective action plans.
- Follow up on corrective action plans from all incident investigations to ensure timely implementation.
- Provide guidance, direction, and support to ensure company’s H&S program is fully implemented and maintained.
- Organize, develop, deliver and implement Safety talks, Safe Job Procedures, Hazard Controls, Emergency Response Plans, training seminars, and other workshops, and presentations on health, safety and environmental topics to teams.
- Coordinate, collect and input of required safety documentation and perform other common administrative tasks associated with the role.
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Director of Safety & Asset Protection.
- Able to work varying shifts and times, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, morning, afternoon, and evening.
- Able to perform physical job duties with some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Health, Safety, Security and Environment and Sustainability and:
- Post-Secondary education, Occupational First Aid Level 1 or 2.
- You have an Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner designation or are currently working towards such as designation.
- Recent working knowledge of health and safety procedures, practices and are familiar with related Federal and
- Provincial OH&S legislation.
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in a health and safety role (candidates with a combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Must have Valid Class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract (to be updated annually).
- Be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external guests in a polite and engaging manner.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
- Looking for employment where you can build a successful career.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $270,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here