Otter Co-op invites applications for the position of Seasonal/Temporary Full Time Hardware Associate at our Aldergrove Retail Center located at: 3650 248th Street, Aldergrove. The desired timeframe would be from April 1 to September 1 with the possibility of transferring to Permanent Part Time after September.
Reporting to the Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service to all guests.
- Stock shelves with merchandise.
- Utilize product knowledge to promote sales.
- Responsible for ensuring area is clean and presentable at all times.
- Operate a forklift if required.
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset and/or demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift is an asset; willingness to learn to operate a forklift is required.
- Maintain required certifications for crop dispensing, WHMIS, TDG, Forklift (must be obtained within 90 days of hire - on site training provided).
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment.
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs.
- MUST have open flexibility between the hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm and able to work between 32-40 hours a week.
Otter Co-op is pleased to offer our full time, salaried and eligible part time team members the following: Extended Health Care • Dental • Life Insurance • Travel Insurance Coverage • Long Term Disability Insurance • Employer Matched Pension Program (6% matched).
Otter Co-op is pleased to offer all team members the following: Employee Family Assistance Program • Company Social Club • Excellent Opportunities for Advancement • Competitive wages paid bi-weekly • Team Member Discount (15% off Hardware, Family Fashions, and Bagged Feed/Agro Products) • Annual Bonus Program • Annual Equity Rebates and Fuel Rebate Program • Service Recognition Program • Learning and Development Opportunities.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $250, 000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
Otter Co-op offers a competitive wage with start rates of $12.65 to $17.51 depending on experience, personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
To apply please submit your resume to: https://ottercoop.applytojob.com/apply/X0F5dtw9hr/Hardware-AssociateFull-Time-SeasonalTemporary