Otter Co-op invites applications for the position of Full Time Assistant Grocery Manager located at our Aldergrove Retail Center at: 3650 248th Street, Aldergrove, BC.
The Assistant Grocery Manager will assist with the overall operations of the Grocery and Guest Service departments to improve guest service, program execution and company profitability. The successful candidate will be responsible for duties such as but not limited to the below.
Reporting to the Grocery Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction in the development and achievement of financial results and store budget objectives in sales, margins, expenses and profits.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding pricing, financial and marketing strategies.
- Provide leadership in the areas of team development, performance management, development of action plans, discipline and team recognition.
- Maintain guest service standards by tracking, monitoring and follow-up on Guest comments and concerns in a timely efficient manner.
- Liaison within the community as a representative for Otter Co-op.
- Perform or assist with performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Management experience is required.
- Several years’ experience in a retail or food store is required.
- Strong math skills and basic computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy work environment are required.
- Ability to work well under pressure, work with budgets and tight deadlines
- Be available 7 days a week between early mornings, afternoons and late evenings.
Otter Co-op is pleased to offer our full time, salaried and eligible part time staff the following: Extended Health Care • Dental • Life Insurance • Travel Insurance Coverage • Long Term Disability Insurance • Employer Matched Pension Program (6% matched).
Otter Co-op is pleased to offer all team members the following: Employee Family Assistance Program • Company Social Club • Excellent Opportunities for Advancement • Competitive wages paid bi-weekly • Team Member Discount (15% off Hardware, Family Fashions, and Bagged Feed/Agro Products) • Annual Bonus Program • Annual Equity Rebates and Fuel Rebate Program • Service Recognition Program • Learning and Development Opportunities.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $250,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
Otter Co-op offers a competitive salary depending on experience, personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of western Canada's most successful organizations.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
To apply for the position, please submit your resume to: https://ottercoop.applytojob.com/apply/yhcVCcYGdK/Assistant-Grocery-Manager-Aldergrove