Otter Co-op is now hiring a Part-Time Produce Associate to join our team at our Mt. Lehman Food Store, located in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Efficiently stock, rotate and display produce in a neat and appealing manner - including watering, trimming and merchandising to ensure quality and freshness
- Maintain superior housekeeping at all times - cleaning racks, tables, back room and cooler
- Assist with receiving, ordering and processing claims or credits
- Ensure guests are always treated with the utmost courtesy by handling inquiries, requests and complaints in a prompt, polite and effective manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Previous Produce experience is an asset, but not required
- Previous customer service experience in a retail setting is an asset but not required
- Must have basic computer skills and enjoy working with the public
- Excellent communication, people and customer service skills
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy work environment is required
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be available 7 days a week to work a variety of shifts that include mornings, afternoons and evenings
- This position is based out of the Mt. Lehman Food Store, though it may require on some occasions to travel and work at other locations as business needs arise
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here