Otter Co-op is now hiring a Temporary Full-Time Feed Warehouse Associate for our Feed Warehouse located in Aldergrove, BC.
We are a different kind of business: we are locally invested, are community-minded and offer lifetime membership benefits including patronage refunds, quality products, quality services and fair prices.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the responsibilities for this position include:
- Transport feed products into feed warehouse
- Load customer cars and small trucks with retail sacked feed
- Fill orders for feed, hay, fertilizer, twine and shavings
- Maintaining a high standard of workmanship and safety at all times
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure that the Feed Warehouse and Yard are kept clean and presentable
- Adhere to HACCP program requirements
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-2 years experience in warehouse with heavy physical labour preferred
- Customer service experience are an asset
- Basic math skills required for counting orders
- Solid understanding of English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to complete paperwork with legible handwriting and accuracy
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 plus lbs
- Must be available to work both day and night shifts
We are pleased to offer permanent full time and eligible part time team members the following: Extended Health Care • Dental • Life Insurance • Travel Insurance Coverage • Long Term Disability Insurance • Employer Matched Pension Program (6% matched)
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $270,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their application, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply, click here