Otter Co-op is now hiring Part Time Bakery Associates for our Mt Lehman Food Store, located in West Abbotsford.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Bakery Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Assisting in designing and improving recipes
- Measuring and combining ingredients and safely using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products and features
- Add a quality finish to baked items and packed products
- Maintain proper storage, labelling and rotation of food products
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Contribute to the team in living the corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Previous Baking experience preferred
- Previous Retail / Customer Service an asset
- Previous cake decorating experience is an asset
- Previous experience handling food along with a food safe certification is an asset
- Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong work ethic
- This is a physical job requiring the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift, push, pull up to 80 pounds on occasion
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts 7 days a week, between the hours of 4:45am - 9:00pm and a minimum of 3 shifts per week.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $270,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, please click here