Otter Co-op is now hiring a Full-Time Feed Warehouse Associate for our Feed Warehouse located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
We are a different kind of business: we are locally invested, are community-minded and offer lifetime membership benefits including patronage refunds, quality products, quality services and fair prices.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the responsibilities for this position include:
- Transport feed products into feed warehouse
- Load customer cars and small trucks with retail sacked feed
- Fill orders for feed, hay, fertilizer, twine and shavings
- Maintaining a high standard of workmanship and safety at all times
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure that the Feed Warehouse and Yard are kept clean and presentable
- Adhere to HACCP program requirements
- Contribute to the team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our Team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- 1-2 years experience in warehouse with heavy physical labour preferred
- Customer service experience are an asset
- Basic math skills required for counting orders
- Solid understanding of English language (written and verbal)
- Ability to complete paperwork with legible handwriting and accuracy
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 plus lbs.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 3 days a week including early morning and late evening shifts
- This position is based at the Feed Warehouse in Aldergrove, though it may require on some occasions to travel and work at other locations as business needs arise
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their application, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply, click here