Otter Co-op is now hiring Part-Time & Full-Time Grocery Associates for our Parallel Food Store located in Abbotsford, and our Retail Centre located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
- Assist to organize and direct the activities and operations of the department.
- Provide excellent service to guests in a courteous, efficient manner by asking their needs and help them in making purchases.
- Escort customers to their appropriate aisle or shelve in order to assist with purchasing decisions.
- Ensure the store is clean, safe and in order.
- Stock and replace products to avoid any damages.
- Keep shelves fully stocked with fresh products.
- Prepare store displays and ensure products are accurately labelled.
- Order out of stock products.
- Process customer orders and payments.
- Discard expired items and place near expiry items on special promotions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Experience as a grocery clerk or retail experience is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, people and customer service skills.
- Must have math skills and basic computer skills.
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy work environment is required.
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment.
- Able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing & pulling up to 50 lbs.
- The ideal candidate will have open availability to work a variety of shifts that include early mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Must have reliable transportation as buses are not available for all shift times.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $407,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To view all postings, click here