Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Senior Guest Service Associate for our Mt. Lehman Food Store located in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Food Store Manager, the Senior Guest Services Associate will assist with the overall operations of the Guest Service department to improve guest service, team performance management, program execution and company profitability. The successful candidate will be responsible for duties such as but not limited to the following:
- Provide assistance with paperwork, scheduling, and other supervisory tasks to support the Food Store Manager
- Provide excellent service to guests in a courteous, efficient manner
- Process orders in an efficient and accurate manner
- Balance cash tills accurately on a daily basis
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- To operate the cash register and other equipment as required
- Provide excellent guest service and guest service resolution to guests in a courteous, efficient manner and within approved programs, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a team environment that is based on Otter Co-op’s brand and values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- Must have a minimum 2-3 years experience managing/supervising others.
- Previous experience as a Cashier an asset
- Lotto and or Food Safe Certification an asset
- Must have a solid understanding of basic math skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a desire to provide a great shopping experience for every guest (both internal and external)
- Above average communication, interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Motivation and ability to work in a busy work environment is required
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must be available 7 days a week to work between early mornings, afternoons and late evenings
Our Team Leaders receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply, click here