Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Pharmacy Assistant to work from our Retail Centre located in Aldergrove, and our Glen Mountain Pharmacy located in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
The Pharmacy Assistant’s primary responsibility is to maintain the highest professional level of customer service standards, through consistent and thorough patient care. This entails developing and maintaining an atmosphere of customer service friendliness that will foster clientele building and sustained profitable growth for the unit.
What you will do:
- Direct appropriate customer inquiries to the Pharmacist on duty in a timely manner
- Maintain positive relationship with staff and other team members in supporting customer service objectives and positive employee relations
- Efficiently perform all the technical duties in the dispensary as per the direction given by the Pharmacist on duty
- Filling medication orders including measuring, mixing, packaging, and labelling
- Managing inventory, including monitoring, re-stocking, expired products, and inventory management
- Understanding home health care products such as canes, vision aids and hearing aids
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Cleaning and sterilizing dispensing bottles and instruments etc.
- Preparing receipts, invoices, letters and memos and general filing
- Receiving and sending electronic communications
- Notify customers of prescriptions that have not been picked up after 30 days and cancel them, if required returning the inventory to stock
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of all order copies for the Pharmacy in accordance with company procedures
- Responsible for supporting management in the control of inventory levels
- Understand, recognize, and respect the professional role that the pharmacist has in the pharmacy and all of the legal expectations of that role
- Ensure compliance to all company standards and procedures
- Proactive support and execution of the stores loss prevention program as it applies directly to the pharmacy unit
- To be fully conversant with the company’s Health and Safety Program, as well as the requirements set out by provincial regulations
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations as well as have:
- Diploma from a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training course
- Pharmacy experience in a dispensary working a minimum of 1,000 hours
- Pharmacy salesperson/OTC Associate with a minimum of 1,000 hours
- Strong understanding of computer applications and Microsoft Word
- Strong aptitude to adapt to dispensary functions
- Preference will be given to candidates that are willing and able to work at other locations on an as needed basis
Our Team Leaders receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year we donated over $270,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
Apply online through this link: https://ottercoop.applytojob.com/