Otter Co-op is hiring a Human Resources Assistant as we grow our team and products/ programs. This position will work out of our Administration office located in Aldergrove, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant is responsible for providing superior HR administrative support in a generalist role. The HR Assistant will assist the HR and Payroll team to enhance the organization by ensuring compliance and alignment of HR ad Payroll practices and processes with the retail's vision, mission and strategic objectives.
The specific responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Post vacant positions using and maintaining an Applicant Tracking System, draft offer letters, prepare, collect and track pre-employment paperwork and other related documentation
- Conduct pre-screening interviews, contact references, and advise candidates of their hiring status
- Arrange interviews and assist in interview process
- Manage electronic and hard copy employment files
- Serve as a point person for all team member inquiries
- Maintain and update electronic and hard copy employment records
- Provide relief coverage for payroll transmission and reconciliations
- Maintain working knowledge of payroll function (Kronos, ADP, and UltiPro)
- Work collaboratively with the Payroll and Benefits Administrator to ensure comprehensive understanding of payroll and benefits practices
- Provide administrative support for the HR Director and Advisors as needed
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all Human Resources and Payroll related information
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years HR administrative experience and previous experience with payroll
- Applicants with education and/or equivalent experience in Human Resources will be given preferential consideration
- Strong knowledge of administrative procedures, and operation of standard office equipment including strong keyboarding skills and competent with MS Office (Word, Power-point, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience working with ADP, Kronos, UltiPro and Applicant Tracking Systems an asset
- Possess strong interpersonal skills (empathetic, intuitive, confidential)
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and verbally, to team members and others
- Capable of setting and juggling priorities, with an awareness of the ‘big picture’ and prioritize with excellent time management and organization skills
- Able to work in a busy environment with multiple interruptions and multiple concurrent projects
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and time sensitivity for deadline-driven work
- Ability to think clearly in stressful situations, act with composure, tact, and discretion
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Dependable and able to follow instruction
- Team-focused with a willingness to learn
- Professional personal presentation
- Hours of work will be dependent on the operational needs and at certain time throughout the year, work hours may include early mornings, late evenings and occasional weekend work
- Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, please click here