Otter Co-op is now hiring Part-Time Cooks at our Hearthstone Taphouse located in North Vancouver, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Hearthstone Taphouse Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Prepare, season and cook meals in a timely manner
- Prepare and cook meals according to dietary restrictions when requested
- Safely and efficiently operate kitchen equipment and appliances
- Maintain a clean work environment and follow all sanitation procedures
- Maintain accurate food inventories
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and record of food, supplies and equipment
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in the Food Service Industry as well as:
- Previous experience in a full service restaurant considered an asset
- FOODSAFE Level 1 required
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Must have a strong work ethic
- This is a physical job requiring the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs. on occasion
- MUST be committed to a SAFE working environment
- MUST have open availability including day and evening shifts
- This position is based at the Hearthstone Taphouse, though it may require on occasion to travel and work at other locations as business needs require
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Last year Otter Co-op donated over $407,000 to a variety of local charities and community organizations.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here