Otter Co-op is now hiring a Part-Time Server for our Highwayman Pub located in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Division Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Greeting customers, taking orders, serving food and beverages, and processing payments
- Maintain a positive attitude while providing an exemplary guest experience
- Cleaning, restocking and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift
- Navigate and operate the POS System
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
- Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Retail Store Operations and:
- Previous Serving experience an asset
- Knowledge and appreciation for beer and wine pairings is an asset
- Valid Serving it Right Certificate
- Must have excellent communication skills, be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a strong work ethic
- This is a physical job requiring the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Must have open availability and be able to work a variety of shifts 7 days a week
- This position is based at the Highwayman Pub, though it may require on some occasions to travel and work from other locations as business needs arise
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and for eligible positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer matched pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
To apply, click here