Otter Co-op is now hiring for a part-time Meat Department Associate at our Mt Lehman Food Store located in Abbotsford, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you will do:
Reporting to the Department Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and safety
- Prepare/package product for sale
- Stock product to cases and shelves
- Loading and unloading of product
- Perform clean up duties as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
- Previous meat department experience is an asset but not required
- Motivation to learn and grow within the role
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including lifting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work on an as needed basis, weekends, weekdays and afternoons
- Must be committed to a SAFE working environment
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints
- The ideal candidate will have open availability to work a variety of shifts, 7 days a week from 5:00am-9:00pm
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, team member discounts, and for qualified positions there is also a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
To apply, please click here