In a show of gratitude and appreciation for our members, we distributed reimbursement amounting to over $6,200,000 in cash and equity for the 2022 fiscal year. Click here to view the 2022 Annual Report.
Our members received cheques proportionate to each member’s purchases during the 2022 fiscal year. This equates to…
- Food, Liquor, Propane and Hospitality: 3%
- Consumer Fuel: 6¢ per litre
- Dyed Fuel, Oil, and Grease: 2%
- General Merchandise and Pharmacy Prescriptions: 1%
Otter Co-op Membership
Co-op offers lifetime membership benefits, including the promise of high-quality products and services at competitive prices. Members can participate in the democratic process at their local association’s annual meeting, which includes asking questions, proposing/voting on resolutions, becoming a board member and electing board members.
Members are owners and therefore, receive a portion of any profits earned by their local co-operative association. Over the past five years, local associations across Western Canada have returned almost $1.4 billion to their members.
The amount members potentially receive is based on a percentage of their purchases throughout the year, which is distributed in two ways: annual cash back or equity. Like a savings account, every member has an equity account that grows over time. Decisions and policies on profit-sharing are made locally and vary between co-operative associations.
For a one-time fee of $10, you can earn the following perks:
- Cash and Equity Rewards based on our profits and your yearly purchases
- Voting Rights at our Annual General Meeting regarding our Board of Directors and Rules
- One of our fellow co-ops, the Co-operators, offers an Insurance Member Benefits Program to other co-op members, which gives you access to some free and discounted endorsements, providing you with more coverage at a reduced cost