Dear Valued Guests,
We have been focusing on doing all the right things to keep our teams and guests safe and healthy by following the recommendations of BC Health Authorities.
To us, the saying “You Are at Home Here” means that when our Team Members, Guests and Community need us the most, we are there for them with open stores and amazing guest service. To ensure this, we have taken extra precautions to make sure our sites are as safe as possible for us all:
- Door handles, cash registers, computers, tables and other high touch areas are being disinfected throughout the day.
- At the end of each day, our teams do a thorough sanitizing of the entire space.
- Our Janitors are advised to clean high traffic areas on a nightly basis using appropriate cleaning supplies.
- Restrooms are being sanitized throughout the day on an increased schedule.
- The training all teams have received on cleaning, hand washing, and food preparation safety is being enforced and emphasized.
- We encourage our teams who are unwell and/or has cold/flu-like symptoms to remain at home until such time that they are cleared to return to work.
- We will temporarily suspend our bottle deposit return program.
- Following Social Distance recommendations, including the addition of social distance decals and one way aisles in our larger centres
- Installed Plexiglass Sneezeguards at most checkouts as resources come available
- Beginning August 10th, we will be resuming our reusable bag program. Plastic bags will be $0.05, and we will donate $0.03 per reusable bag brought into our stores. With COVID-19 precautions, however, guests who wish to bring in reusable bags will need to bag their own groceries.
Guided by our values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNITY and EXCELLENCE, many of the precautions listed above are measures we already take, but felt it appropriate to reiterate them and ensure you that we are committed to them and to your safety.
Again, we continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up-to-date through Canada’s Public Health website.
Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to serving you.