Otter Co-op Membership
Co-op offers lifetime membership benefits, including the promise of high-quality products and services at competitive prices. Everyone is welcome to shop at a Co-op location and everyone is invited to become a Co-op member.
Members are owners. They have the ability to participate in the democratic process at their local association’s annual meeting, which includes asking questions, proposing/voting on resolutions, becoming a board member and electing board members.
Our Profits are Your Profits
As owners, members also receive a portion of any profits earned by their local co-operative association. Over the past five years, local associations across Western Canada have returned almost $1.4 billion to their members.
The amount members potentially receive is based on a percentage of their purchases throughout the year, which is distributed in in two ways: annual cash back or equity. Like a savings account, every member has an equity account that grows over time. Decisions and policies on profit-sharing are made locally and vary between co-operative associations.
For a once-in-a-lifetime $10 fee, you earn the following perks:
- Cash and Equity Rewards based on our profits and your yearly purchases
- Voting Rights at our Annual General Meeting regarding our Board of Directors and Rules
- One of our fellow co-ops, the Co-operators, offers an Insurance Member Benefits Program to other co-op members which gives you access to some free and discounted endorsements providing you with more coverage at a reduced cost. To learn more about their program, visit here.
- 10% off on any non-insurance product/service at Novus Glass. Click here for more details.
Become A Member
- Apply in person at one of our locations, or
- Apply online! Simply click here to start the application process.
A co-operative is people – and our co-operative is constantly striving to ensure that our policies and practices are in the best interest of the consumers we serve, and designed to maintain the co-operative as an effective consumer service in the market place.
- Rules of Otter Co-op
To read the rules of Otter Co-op, please see the attachment below.
- Withdrawal of Equity
To review Otter Co-op's Equity Policy and apply for withdrawal of equity, please see the attachment below.
- Change of Address
To inform us of a change to your address, please fill out the online form
- Membership Questions
For any other inquiries related to membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (604) 856-2517.